Friday, January 30, 2009

cours à la plage quoi

DSC_0443.JPG

This is Gaston. He is one of the coolest people I have met here. He makes his living as an artist; The clothes, bandana, and the bag he is sitting on he made. He showed me his room where all the walls are painted with fantastic elaborate paintings. There were dozens of beach-towel-sized cloths with fantastic colors and scenes made in the boutique style.

DSC_0446.JPG

He has been teaching me d'jembe (this lesson was on the beach). He also signed up for my English class, so I will teach him English- c'est bon, n'est pas?

4 comments:

leslie said...

Cool! You should get pictures of his room too! If you can..

:)

Kathie said...

How Bohemian!

Mama

Brittany said...

Cou Cou! - Tu me manques mon petit, grand frere. C'est tres chouette que tu fais du jembe (uhhh masculine ou feminine...???) a la plage...j'espere que on peut avoir un jour a la plage ensemble bientot en Senegal (...on peut rever, non?) Bisous!

Kathie said...

When are you going to post an update? Mom :)