Thursday, January 22, 2009

Funny Story

People don’t have the same sense of personal space here. I don’t mind, I actually really like it. And it makes for funny experiences. For example; the other day I was reading a book to practice French. The three kids of the household I am staying at (4-6 years younger than me, a boy and 2 girls) came up and sat in the chairs around me and turned on the television. They landed on a channel and were watching it while I tried intently to focus on my book. Since I cannot understand lightning-speed French, I was unaware what they were watching until I looked up to see a female torso spinning around, modeling extra supportive lingerie. Three kids staring intently at a bra infomercial seemed funny to me, but it seemed I was the only one. However, I now feel confident enough to discern between a flimsy bra and one with quality support!

1 comment:

leslie said...

I'm glad you went all the way to Africa to learn about bras.
Well worth the money?

Kidding. That is funny though.

Oh yeah so give me your address!
okay?